Policy key definitions:
- “I”, “our”, “us”, or “we” refer to the business, SSS Industrial Doors Limited.
- “you”, “the user” refer to the person(s) using / navigating this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Data- Refers to the information collected or supplied by yourself, this includes data stored as cookies within your device.
- Third party websites and services – SSS Industrial Doors Limited may, on occasion(s) use third party services (ei. such as Google marketing) to supply analytical data or develop existing software / code within the website, operation of the website or with CRMs utilised by the company. Theses providers of such services will not have access to personal data provided by users of the website, and therefore will not impeach the Data Protection Act 1998, see www.gov.uk/data-protection.
- Emailing and marketing – Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider.
Your Individual Rights:
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO (www.ico.org.uk), if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (European Law).
This definition of data incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Date Protection Act 1998.
Collectively all information that you submit to SSS Industrial Doors Limited via the Website, email or telephone, will be record to assist future sales or enquiries. Any documentation that is submitted as an application, such as a CV is destroyed after 30 days, unless successful and therefore required to attend an interview or when applicable become an employee, therefore the data will be stored in accord with the Data Protection Act.
Quotations that are submitted by SSS Industrial Doors are valid for 30 days, these documents are the property of SSS Industrial Doors and we reserve the right to modify, alter or void them. Information supplied for a quotation will be stored on the computers within the office and will be destroyed accordingly to Data Protection Act, when required to do so. All office computers have up to date anti-virus systems and any information can be deleted upon requested by the owner, user or third party when applicable.
We may collect the following personal Data, from you. This could be supplied by yourself, via using the website or discuss over the telephone.
(ii) Job title & profession
(iii) Contact information such as email addresses and telephone numbers
(iiii) Demographic information such as street address or postcode
The following data could be collected by the website upon accessing it;
(i) IP address (automatically collected)
(ii) Web browser type and version (automatically collected)
(iii) Operating system (automatically collected)
(iiii) A list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on this Website, and the site you exit to (automatically collected)
(iiiii) Enquiry type – What product you are looking are browsing.
Our use of Data
For purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, SSS Industrial Doors Limited is the “data controller”.
(i) We will retain your personal data only for as long as is necessary. If you have an account with us, we will only keep the data while your account is active or for as long as needed to provide services to you and, as further needed for us to comply with our global legal and contractual obligations.
(ii) Unless we are obliged or permitted by law to do so, and subject to any third party disclosures specifically set out in this policy, your Data will not be disclosed to third parties. This includes our affiliates and/or other companies within our group.
(iii) All personal Data is stored securely in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act 1998.
(iiii) Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website.
Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
- Within marketing materials for the company, SSS Industrial Doors which would include your name, company name, title and any comments from yourself about our services provided to you.
- Postal correspondence.
- Internal record keeping.
- Improvement of our products/services.
- Transmission by email of promotional materials that may be of interest to you.
- Contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website.
- Own company marketing Mailshots.
You have the right to ask for a copy of any of your personal Data held by SSS Industrial Doors Limited (where such Data is held).
Links to other websites
Email marketing messages & subscription(s)
Under the GDPR, we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the “Processing of your personal data” above. Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign, this is only applicable to you if you subscribe to our mailing list.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR. We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, you can also unsubscribe from all MailChimp lists, by clicking the link at the bottom of the email, otherwise contact our offices directly on the following number 01204 853243
Rights & Changes to Policy
Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.